This blog will record some of the trips we make throughout Oregon and other places.
We enjoy wandering off the beaten path whenever possible. Come wander with us!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Post

I live on a small farm in the high desert of Central Oregon in the shadow of the Cascade mountains. I am inspired to wander the area and enjoy the unique geography and sites. I also enjoy traveling to other places. I will share my journeys here.

I have started this blog as a place to put the pictures, stories and adventures of our wanderings, mostly in Oregon. I will also be adding past trips as I have time.

I am 'older' and not as physically able to do strenuous adventures, but believe that most people can still travel and have fun and see interesting things in spite of their physical limitations.

Growing up, "let's go for a drive" was a common weekend activity in my family.  And, I have never tired of them.  It is not unusual for us to do for a 'day trip' or an 'afternoon trip' and see what there is to see.  I always wonder what is down that next road, and sometimes, it is truly amazing!  I will be sharing some places off of the beaten map and many on - Enjoy!

I would love to hear from others who have been to these places, as well!

Welcome and thanks for stopping by!

(The mountain in the photograph on my header is Mt. Bachelor as seen from our farm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment